Point Pet



Adopting a point as your pet is an ongoing practice (2015-) of organizing the space of the self (teachable individually and un-performable on stage).

Documentation available as prose:

...

I once took the point on a walk in the forest. It was not a wild forest. It was crossed by a large alley, comfortable to step on even with shoes made for asphalt. I was flying it at a distance not much higher than that of two humans of average height on top of each other. I wanted it to enjoy the perspective of a high branch of a tree, and to look down on me, yes, the abstract always looks down on humans. I also imagine myself younger from that perspective, a bit less tall, more like a girl looking upwards, slightly dreaming. A minimal pet is suitable for all ages. I was walking forth, at times losing it through the jungle of branches and thoughts. But it came back to its leash, when this happened. We almost kept the same pace, and it was always quiet. It has nothing and is nothing, therefore it has nothing to worry about. I have it, therefore I have nothing, and according to recent neuroscience, I am also nothing, therefore I have nothing to worry about. I was always one to one with it, switching between point of view and view of point. I was walking it through the forest, as I saw in front of me a middle-aged woman, strolling on the alley. She was not alone and she was stepping on the ground without determination, slightly distracted. I was walking my point behind her, slightly distracted. She was walking a big horse and a dog, big, and she was holding two leashes. The bifurcation of leashes caught my attention, and thoughts ramified the leash of my point. I was stepping behind her with an air of arrogance, and I was walking my point. I was walking my singular companion, I was walking a point.

...

I am sometimes wondering if my pet is not wild after all. Weeks of taming and it still moves randomly and attacks viewpoints all the time.

...

Some people have dogs or insects, even rats or piglets. I have a point. It is generic, an abstract pet, a disposition and dislocation, its leash is my consciousness and I groom it with my thoughts. It cannot gain weight but it oscillates qualitatively. It is a superior pet, companionship as alienation. It is the only pet able to accompany humans in the dreamworld. It is a weak pet. It distracts construction, of thoughts, desires, and important stuff, and distracts distraction, from anything. Like sleep-within-wakefulness and a dream-within-dream. A minimal dream dreamed beside reality, a minimal dream dreamed inside the dream.

....